About Us

We are two best friends (and roommates!) who have fallen in love with fashion. After being inspired by several fashion blogs, we've decided to think a little longer about what we put on in the morning. :P So join us as we keep calm & style on!

about erin
Hello, I'm Erin! I tend to land myself in awkward situations and I have a tendencey to say things that sound dirty...but really aren't. My family, friends, and boyfriend are a huge part of my life - if not for them I wouldn't exist (literally!). I love large puppies, hot drinks, sashimi, Disneyland, and anything having to do with love. I hope you enjoy my adventures!

about caroline
Hiya, I'm Caroline! I love photography, Harry Potter, anything related to Disney/Disneyland, corgis, and baking. Most of all, I love my family, friends and boyfriend -- all of which will eventually appear in my posts. :) I'm simple, awkward and dorky - so prepare for that, haha. :D

Navigation

Links

Archives
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
December 2011
February 2012

Powered by Blogger

Oh, heels...
Thursday, March 10, 2011

Soooo, this isn't what I'm wearing today. This morning I overslept and Erin had a morning class, we weren't able to take any pictures of what I'm wearing right now (which is one of my favorite dresses... I'll wear it again another time, haha). Therefore, I have this outfit to share with you from Sunday along with the story of how I learned that ... I have a lot to learn. :P


I originally wanted to tell you how I've had this dress for a long time, but never really wore it because it is both low-cut and too short. The solution came to me while watching (500) Days of Summer - put a dress shirt under and throw on some leggings. :)

But Daniel really wanted to feature his tree that he planted when he was in elementary school, so I tried to stand next to it in the grass:

(Yup, there's the tree!)

However, 90% of the photos are of me like this:

I wish I could say that I was intentionally posing. But no, that's me sinking slowlyyyy into the grass and being completely distracted by it, haha... Unfortunately, I'm a super beginner in fashion and didn't really think this through.

I feel like I'm in a commercial for these heel stoppers, hahaha!


"Keep getting stuck in the grass? Hate that sinking feeling? TRY HEEL STOPPERS!" (... No, that's not real. That's what I imagine would be said in a commercial though. Supposedly these are good for weddings?)



Well, eventually we gave up... but here are what my favorite heels look like when they're NOT in the ground. :)



Dress:Love Culture || Shirt: Tilly's || Leggings: Some random store at that outlet by Barona? || Heels: H&M || Necklace:Gift from Daniel

Hahaha, so there you go... moral of the story? I need to stop walking in grass with my heels on, haha. I told you I was a beginner in fashion! I really do have to learn from my mistakes though. x) I hope I'm not the only one who makes silly mistakes like this. :3

Hope everyone has a great Thursday. I can't wait for tomorrow 'cause it's Featuring Family&Friends Friday! :D

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger katherine said...

haha you're a cutie :)

March 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Erin and Caroline said...

Haha.very cute. Totally thought you were posing. And I've never heard of heel stoppers...but I think I would laugh if I actually saw them on someone!

Love,
Erin

March 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

aw those little court shoes are so cute! :) x

March 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Jerrica said...

Giggles that's such an adorable post. aww I would love to have planted a tree and seen it grow over the years, what a proud moment for your friend haha sweet of you to feature it in your post.

Love the heel stoppers lol

ciao,
http://fashionnostalgia.blogspot.com/

March 10, 2011 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Collections said...

those heel stoppers are insane/ sort of a great idea.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

March 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Love the outfit! Your shoes are co cute. Too bad I can't find myself a decent pair of heels to wear all day while standing 4 hours a day. And the pics where you're sinking into the ground are adorable!

Complex Cardigans

March 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger kate maggie said...

Hehe, you are so cute! I dont know how many times I have had my heels sink into the ground. Its very distracting! For some odd reason..I almost like it haha. You look so gorgeous in this dress, and I love that you got the idea while watching 500 days of summer. I absolutely love that movie! can I just move in with you and Erin and become best friends with you two? You both seem so sweet and fun!!! Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday! xoxo

March 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Kitsune-kun said...

Thanks for your comments!! I totally get behind SO easily all the time and wear really cute oufits I love "for nothing" because no pictures happen. hhaa....wait....life before blogging?

March 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger  Justine said...

I love the idea of wearing a top under and throwing on some leggings! And your kitten heels are totally cute

Just Better Together

ps i am officially a follower! :) thanks for all the blog love girls!

March 19, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Older
Newer